Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 July 2019

'Puma' In Devon?

As the person who contacted me wants no publicity and would only send the photograph upon the guarantee of anonymity I shall refer to him as MP.

"About 8pm on Tuesday (9th July) evening I was driving near a sports club in Devon -the one with the high security fence on the left hand side of the photo which is currently being partially removed. Me daughter C-- and her boy friend K--- were in the car.  K--- sez 'that's a  something or other cat!' and C-- said it must be a puma as she reckoned that it was following two of those tiny deer (muntjac?) that had run across the road a while before.

"K-- started freaking out in the back seat while C--- climbed over the seat into the front to get a better look.  She got her phone out to take a photo but her hands was shaking and she handed it to me.  Never used it before but she said to point it and tap the key. So I did and she told me to video record it but I pressed the wrong button and the phone shut down.

"Don't want no publicity or my name mentioned to anyone. I've known two fellas that have seen these pumas and they got the piss taken out of them and for one it got so bad he moved down Bideford way after quitting his job. But here you go to go in your files -a fairly clear puma photo!"
Now, anyone who knows cats will know that is not a puma.  Head and body are all wrong and if you want a blow up of the cat....

 To me it looks like a lion -a lioness?

Is someone having a joke?  The location is given as "about 10 miles from Woolfardisworthy" and THAT set alarm bells ringing.  As I am unaware of any recent sightings in that area of puma let alone lions I tend to views this dubiously -MP did say that a local farmer had lost sheep recently and found the carcasses but had told everyone locally "big dogs" had killed and buried them.

Pinch of salt.....or a sack of salt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats 26 03 2024

  Hong Kong 243 Singapore 3 United States 1 Other 3