Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 January 2020

"Big Cat" photo from Devon?

So there I was minding my own business when a farmer who wants to remain anonymous but thought I "should know" sent me an image from a camera trap on his property where he has been losing sheep over the last few months.

Firstly, I did the usual checks and no farmer by the name of Jacob Miles lives in the Devon county. No farmer has been reporting mysterious livestock kills to the National Farmers Union or police in the past two months.  Also, the cat in the image is not likely to bring down and "eat half a sheep".

It's a leopard cub.....the mother must be killing the sheep then. Right? No.

The photo is from a camera trap belonging to the Namibian Carnivore Survival group. That is Namibia in Africa and not Namibia in North Devon!

Nice touch stating that wall is the border between his farm and a wood -look you can even see the 'wood' in the background!  :-/

This took me 5 minutes to sort out as a fake.  We live in 2020 you know.

I will look at any serious evidence -and in confidence- but if I identify hoaxers I will name them. Be warned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo of Animal Found Dead In UK

 I am going to ask (I know no one bothers but... ) for opinions. I can tell you:  1) There is a series of three photos   2) The photos are 1...