Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 January 2021

Is It A Cover Up? Yes.


 I noted before (got the fella in trouble which I felt bad about but he DID lie) I once got to visit the local DEFRA after chatting to their man who would deal with exotic animal reports. I asked if his past experience was zoos or wildlife parks? None of those so was he a biologist or zoologist? No.

How did he get to be put in charge of DWA licensing and dealing with farmers reports of predator killed livestock?

"I was sat going through some papers one day and my manager handed me a report and told me I'd be handling these now!"
A civil servant with no knowledge of animals. Anyway, I took out some plastwer casts and photos of pawprints and ran through them with him. "Oh, I recognise that one!" he said. He turned to a cupboard with map drawers in it and opened one up. Plaster casts labelled "Lynx", "Puma" and "Leopard" now I kept quiet and said nothing but had a good look at them.
Matey turns to me and asks whether my department had as many casts (there were 15-17 in the drawer)? I then asked "My department? Its a group" and he went pale and asked what group so I pulled out my EAR ID and showed him.
"You shouldn't be here!" he said as he almost pushed me out! :-)
Later I asked DEFRA about the drawer full of plaster casts and was told no such thing was held by them in Bristol. Well, firstly, DEFRA really DOES have plaster casts, photos and much more that they assess or are on record as receiving from someone. Secondly, the person I knew at DEFRA in Bristol told me all the casts were removed within 24hours...no idea where to.
Yes, it is a poor cover up but need not be. Police forces are on record as knowing these animals are out there. Ditto farmers groups including the Nat Farmers Union, naturalists, biologists and many others. But DEFRA policy is to kioll and disppose of the evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo of Animal Found Dead In UK

 I am going to ask (I know no one bothers but... ) for opinions. I can tell you:  1) There is a series of three photos   2) The photos are 1...