Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 June 2021

Human Aided Evolution NOT "Invasive Species"

 Back in March of this year I posted "UK and "Exotic Species" -Human Aided Evolution NOT "Invasive Species" on the Exotic Animals Register blog.

I am currently updating this for various reasons.

If we are to kill one type of "invasive species" such as large cats, raccoon dogs, porcupine, boar and so on then there can be no quibbling or arguing: all introduced species are invasive therefore ALL need eradication.

Canada Goose for example. Any and all foxes that appear to have the traits of the North American Red/silver Fox. Felis silvestris introduced around the UK unofficially since the 1990s. Muntjac and other deer need to be culled until gone. Every parakeet -and there are big flocks- needs to be eradicated. Every wild living wallaby will need to be eradicated. There are still some wild budgerigars -eradication required.

There can be no "Ah but--" or "Well, they don't do that much harm" -line is drawn: invasive species is invasive species and they all require eradication.

But these "invasive species" are ones identified and put onto lists by people that have not studied them in the UK. Since 1976 I have researched, investigated and studied "non native" cats -small to large in the UK. I have looked at their territories and habits. In fact I have spent 45 years on this work as both a UK police forces consultant as well as being consulted by farming and other groups. I studied and picked up a lot of material from naturalists before me who did the same work -more low key and sadly none of their work was ever published before their deaths BECAUSE they knew of the risks to the animals involved.

My updated post will make it very clear my own stance as well as how we should be treating "invasive species" because our native species such as foxes and badgers, red squirrels and hedgehogs are treated no better but I shall go into this in the post.

It is time we began to understand how the "invasive species" are really interacting in our island eco system and how there has even been a pack of wolves free roaming since the early 1990s (possibly before then) and these are (as I found out) protected by local farmers and estate wardens.

And, no, I will NOT be divulging locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo of Animal Found Dead In UK

 I am going to ask (I know no one bothers but... ) for opinions. I can tell you:  1) There is a series of three photos   2) The photos are 1...