Total Pageviews

Monday 2 October 2023

EAR Archives -What Happens To Them?

 


People will edge around a question. A specific question. "What happens to all your work when you die?" Well I intend to carry on for a while if that's okay with everyone?  

The answer was that my family would dump or burn everything and since the EAR has been going since 1977, the British Fox Study (aka Canid Study) since 1976 and the Wild Cats Study since 1980 that is one big fire! 

Personally I will not care less for obvious reasons. However there are thousands of papers as well as photographs that have never been made public and certainly not shared around since I honestly do not believe that there is anyone in the UK that could be trusted -a lot of the data could be worth a nice pay cheque from a newspaper or TV station.

My ego is non-existent so I have no grandiose views on how I will be seen in the future. I do need to tidy up and get some new folders, however as I could not bare the thought of someone getting an untidy mess!

I may have certainly found a future home for the fox and wild cat archives (my other archives are set to go to another bigger archive) but the final destination of the EAR archives are open at the moment. Maps are some of the work that are not for general release as it could fall into the hands of the hunting groups or...DEFRA.  

But have no fear; if I can help it the archives will avoid the fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo of Animal Found Dead In UK

 I am going to ask (I know no one bothers but... ) for opinions. I can tell you:  1) There is a series of three photos   2) The photos are 1...