Total Pageviews

Tuesday 8 October 2019

"British Big Cats" -who has the evidence?

A few months ago I asked whether any reader had photographic, video or other evidence of what they thought was a big cat in the United Kingdom.

I posted here, on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest and elsewhere.  Not a single response.

Someone pointed out that I might not have gotten any reaction "because these cats are not out there". Well, after 40 years and having seen the evidence I know that they ARE out there.

My intention is to clearly identify which cat species are in the UK and to assess the effect they have had on the countryside.  I know from data that deer population (all types) was, in some estimates, increasing by close to a million in number each year.  However, deer populations seem to have steadied out (2016 figures) which is what you might expect if there was an apex predator -even rabbit numbers in some areas have seemingly dropped.

Let me make it clear for those with concerns my work does NOT involve the trapping or killing of any cat or other species: it is a wildlife study begun in 1977.

If you have photographs, footage or any evidence you wish to submit you can contact me via the EAR Face Book Messenger or earpol@yahoo.co.uk

THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo of Animal Found Dead In UK

 I am going to ask (I know no one bothers but... ) for opinions. I can tell you:  1) There is a series of three photos   2) The photos are 1...