Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 October 2019

Girt Dog of Ennerdale 100% a thylacine...or hyena..or...

I had a very odd Face Book Messenger chat yesterday. It seems that "Mike97" stated that whatever I had concluded in my The Girt Dog of Ennerdale publication was wrong.

Now I know how many copies (zero copies if you are interested) of a book sells on my online store so I responded with "You have not read the book have you?"  I was told that he did not need to as a certain "cryptozoological centre" had proven that either a thylacine or escaped tiger were involved.
There was the outside chance that a striped hyena was involved.

That is not 'proven' is it? "It is definitely 100% a thylacine that had been brought to the UK and escaped!" and then adding "We are not sure as other evidence indicates that it could well have been a tiger or mystery feline" is fantasy.  The hyena theory I know the source of.  It was me.  I was given information from certain sources that I put into an article and sent to a certain bunch of cryptozoologists and when I later stated the information was found to be incorrect  I was told it didn't matter because "It made a jolly good story!"  Thankfully my name was removed from the item!
It was A but could have been B with the possibility of C having been the culprit is NOT proven. I did what all of these great and noted cryptozoologists never bothered doing.  We used to call it research before copy and paste became the norm.  I tracked down copies of the original sources and newspaper accounts as well as accurate -not the rephrased/re-edited/fake- statements from the time.

So I was asked to send Mr Idiot a copy of my book to prove what I had concluded (which as far as Mr Idiot knew could have been anything).  "What's your address?" I asked.  There was a long pause then "I don't give my address out. You can send me a pdf"  Yeah, a pdf that then ends up online to be illegally downloaded and steal potential revenue from sales.  I told him I'd send him a copy but not a pdf and then I got the "Worried? Scared you'll show people how bad your research is. No reason not to send me a pdf!"

Since he asked I explained about anonymous people illegally uploading to allow illegal downloading and as I had lost thousands (a slight understatement) from people doing this before I never allowed downloads from the store or supplied pdf.

There were a few mild insults at which point I blocked him.  Strangely (?) today I had a polite request for a copy of The Girt Dog of Ennerdale "for research purposes". I sent a link pointing out how cheap the book was on the online store considering how much I had paid to get the original source material so it was saving him a small fortune. No. Apparently I was proving I was not a serious researcher by not sending this person a pdf.

Welcome to 2019 everyone! Everyone uses false names/internet pseudonyms and either steal or try to get original material in other ways so that they can use it as their own work.  Who could these people be?

Aren't ISPs useful!

If you want to believe the fantasy is real then so be it.  If you really want to know the facts with full reference sources by my book. Remember it took decades of research before getting to the facts.

The Girt Dog of Ennerdale
http://www.lulu.com/shop/terry-hooper-scharf/the-girt-dog-of-ennerdale/paperback/product-23769864.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo of Animal Found Dead In UK

 I am going to ask (I know no one bothers but... ) for opinions. I can tell you:  1) There is a series of three photos   2) The photos are 1...