Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 September 2023

It Really Is NOT An American Mystery Cat

 I noticed, again, that a certain image is being used to show an "American mystery cat"

"American mystery black panther",  by William Rebsamen. Now it is interesting that this image is used over and over again and I did use it until I discovered that the "credible cryptozoologist" who sent me the image had given wholly incorrect information.

This is not a 19th century painting of a real event.  Look at the oversized image below and you will see that the cat has a spotted pattern.  Now I had not realised this before getting a better copy as people using it had darkened the image.


And the artist is actually on Face Book and this is what he writes about the painting:

"My take on one of America's most enduring tales. If you are reading this you probably know of at least one person who swears they have seen a black panther here in the wilds of North America - or you know a person who knows someone who swears they have seen one! Arkansas is rich in stories of black panthers, particularly the in Ozark Mountains. This painting hangs in the International Museum of Cryptozoology (under the direction of esteemed author/researcher Loren Coleman) located in Portland, Maine."

So, once and for all the "British big cat" people and cryptozoologists can stop claiming this was a factual hunt and please note that the cat is spotted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo of Animal Found Dead In UK

 I am going to ask (I know no one bothers but... ) for opinions. I can tell you:  1) There is a series of three photos   2) The photos are 1...